I do not like surveys where all you get is an entry in a drawing, and therefore I refuse to do them. All of the ones I use pay out in cash or gift certificates to things I actually use (mostly cash though). I will differentiate where appropriate. Many of them that pay cash you also can get free stuff instead. I haven’t mentioned that on the specific ones because… I never get prizes, I always get cash. On to the surveys!
Surveys that have paid me and I like:
- My Survey*: I get the most surveys here. They also pay in points, 1000 points = $10. You need $10 to cash out. The thing I like the best about this site is that you get 10 points guaranteed just for doing the pre-qualifying surveys. The other thing I like is that they do a lot of product testing. I have tested about 15 products through them – I get something free sent to me and then I get points for filling out the followup survey. I have earned about $80 through them over about a 10 month period.
- Your2Cents: These surveys generally pay $1-$5 per survey, and when you fill out profiles, you get a $1 bonus added to the next survey you qualify for. You only need $5 to cash out. I don’t get a ton of surveys from them but I get half a dozen invites a month and generally qualify for about half of them. They pay by sending you a check. I have earned about $40 through them over about a 6 month period.
- Opinion Outpost*: This also has a very low cashout ($5) and surveys pay anywhere from 10-50 “points”. 50 points = $5. I don’t get a lot of invites from them, maybe 1-2 a month, and I don’t always qualify. A nice thing is that you get a point or two just for trying to qualify. They pay by sending you a check. I have earned about $30 through them over about a 6 month period.
- FGI Research: This pays generally $1 through paypal for every survey you qualify for. I get on average an invite every two weeks and qualify for most of them. I sometimes get very short surveys that only pay in a sweepstakes entry and they claim will qualify you for more surveys in the future. I do these sweepstakes ones if I have time, most of the time I delete them lol. I have earned about $10 over a 3 or so month period.
- ACOP: This site pays a check for every full survey you complete, generally $4. But you need to do a very short prequalifying survey each time, and I generally don’t end up qualifying. In 6 months I would say I’ve gotten maybe $12. I haven’t kept exact track.
- Join MyPoints*: This is not a survey site (although sometimes you get surveys). Basically, they send me a whole lot of emails directly from their site (not third parties) which I have filtered to a separate folder in outlook and you get 5 points for just clicking on the link in the email and visiting the site mentioned. It is simple, and generally 1500 points gets you a $10 gift card. In two months I have enough points to get a $10 gift card to Target. Sometimes they send a survey link that you get 10-50 points for. And you can buy things through their portal at other websites and get points back for that (I haven’t done that yet).
- Lightspeed: This is also points and something like 1250 points cashes out as a $10 paypal payment. The surveys generally pay anywhere from 50 to 300 points. I have cashed out once in three months and am very close to cashing out again. The surveys are generally pretty easy but I often do not qualify. I get several invites a month.
- TestSpin: This is kind of odd. I get several invites a day from them, but I generally only qualify for one out of every 30 I get. They pay in $10 Amazon gift certificates and I have earned one so far. They take a LONG time to credit your account (think weeks) for surveys completed but I have gotten credit for every one so far. The site claims that they are working on a paypal cashout system but it isn’t there yet.
Ones I like but I haven’t cashed out from:
- Synovate*: I used to not like this so much because it was a “enter a sweepstakes” reward system, but they switched to a point system. The point numbers are crazy (5,000 to cash out for $5) but surveys generally pay a few hundred each time. They claim they are raising the rewards as we speak too. I have only been doing surveys for a few months but I haven’t gotten to 5,000 points yet so… I am at around 3,500. It isn’t my favorite but I keep it around just in case. It is good to have a lot of options available.
- DataIntelligence: I just signed up for this a month ago and I’ve only earned 80 points so far (1300 points is a $10 amazon gift card). I got a few invites this past month but I have only qualified for the one so far.
Ones I didn’t like, your experience may vary:
- Greenfield: Why I don’t like this is the vast majority of invites are for drawing entries. I stay signed up though because once in a while I get one that pays cash. You can cash out after $1 earned and I have earned $10 in about a year (this was the first site I ever tried).
- Cash Crate*: This is not surveys. This is “Get Paid To” do stuff. If you do this – get a separate email account. I filled out lots of “free” forms for stuff and seriously, I STILL get about 500 spam emails a day. It is possible to earn the $10/month to cash out with just doing free surveys and such (which is what I did) but it was so not worth the hassle to me. I include it though because some people LOVE it. So I thought I would say I’ve tried it, but it wasn’t for me. You also get a % of what your referrals earn, so I can’t help but use my referral link lol. But generally Get Paid To sites aren’t my cup of tea. I got to $11.10 and then never used it again. But I did get my $11.10 in a check as promised.
Anyway, here it is! There are tons more companies out there but I can only do so many surveys or my head explodes. For me, this is the combination that works. I probably forgot a few…. there are a few that only send me a survey once in a blue moon and I forget about them inbetween. You will not get rich, and it does not pay well (like in an hourly sense). But if you don’t have something else to do to earn some bucks, feel free to try a survey.