I’ve started tutoring Chemistry online, and I really like it. I’m happy with how it is going and it pays pretty well too. I get my first assessment of how I am doing this weekend, so hopefully the service is happy with me too. I made about $185 last week, and if I can keep that up, I will have a debt-destroying job on my hands after all!
Here are some of the posts around the personal finance world I found interesting this week from the M-Network and beyond:
- My Two Dollars: IKEA Customer Service Really Failed This Weekend And I Won’t Be Back Soon. Who doesn’t take a gift card? How is that possible? Yikes.
- Gather Little By Little: What to do when your debit card gets stolen. He knows, it happened to him.
- The Dough Roller: The Dough Roller to donate 50% of it’s revenue to charity. How exciting!
- Single Guy Money: Take Advantage of Your 401K. Great tips for using a 401K well.
- Being Frugal: How I Taught My Preschooler the Value of a Dollar. A subject near and dear to my heart!
- Cash Money Life: I Transfered My Cell Phone Contract Yesterday and Didn’t Spend a Dime.
- Moolanomy: 6 Easy Ways To Simplify Your Finances. Simplify… that’s what I like to hear!
- Plonkee Money: Planning for retirement: pensions vs buy to let part 1. An interesting analysis that looks at traditional retirement options vs using real estate.
- My Money Blog: I don’t understand why gift cards are so bad. Yeah, me either.
- No Credit Needed: Budgeting with a Baby on Board. NCN and his wife are having a baby! Yay! And they’re figuring out how to adjust financially.
- Sense to Save: Better Budget 2008 Challenge. I *love* budgeting, and anything that converts more people to the budgeting side is a good thing, in my opinion.
And in the PaidTwice Rewind: Gift Cards, I Like ‘Em! Told you .
Off to get ready for an afternoon of spreading my love of chemistry to others by tutoring. A noble cause if I say so myself. And a great way to build up the fund for the car repair bill destruction. Have a nice day!