Welcome to this week’s edition of Sunday Morning Link Love! This past week was an exciting one for me out in the blogging world, for through some cosmic twist of timing, four guest posts I wrote over the past few months all came together and published this very week! If you missed any of it, I was a guest blogger on Frugal Upstate on Monday, both No Credit Needed and Get Rich Slowly on Thursday, and The Digerati Life on Friday – all blogs I read faithfully and am so honored to be able to appear on. I’ve got a few more guest posts floating around out there… who knows where I might turn up next week!
Tomorrow is an exciting day: the members of the M-Network will be sharing their best and worst financial decisions all at the same time, 10am EST. I’ll have links at the end of my post that point to each of the other member’s post on the same topic. Interesting, funny, insightful, heartwrenching… I am sure you’ll find all of that and more reading each member’s contribution. Mine will probably make you want to whap me upside the head. But at least there is an upside….
On to my favorite posts of the week from the M-Network:
- Moolanomy: Lesson # 3: Investment Vehicles. I’m learning about what it might be like once we’re out of debt ;).
- Gather Little By Little: Finding and Killing Nemo Along with My Debt Snowball. Sometimes things aren’t quite the bargain you thought they were…
- Plonkee Money: Prepaid electricity and saving money. I don’t know if a system like this exists in the US, but Plonkee uses prepaid cards inserted into her meter to pay for electricity. Read about the good and the bad to that….
- Being Frugal: Discouraged. Sometimes, all you can do is admit this stinks. And start planning on how to make it better.
- Single Guy Money: How I Became a Landlord. It is an interesting story and some of it rather accidental.
- The Dough Roller: Would You Cash A 35 Cent Check? His answer is yes. So is mine! If yours is no, I know who you can start sending 35 cents to….
- DebtFREE-Revolution: Time Poverty is Killing My Debt Snowball. When your time is stretched so tightly, it is so hard to not value time over money and go for the quick and easy choice instead.
- Christian PF: Do I Need An Emergency Fund? Yes! I am going to have to hit up mine. More on that later in the week….
And from elsewhere around the blogosphere….
- Working For Financial Freedom: My Reduce A Bill Challenge. We’re challenged to reduce a bill, inspired by Being Frugal. I wanted to play but I was lazy and I still haven’t come up with something, so I may have to wait ’til November. We did reduce my son’s preschool costs, but that’s a story for another post….
- Blueprint For Financial Prosperity: 8 Personal Finance Lessons I Unlearned From Monopoly. The companion piece to last week’s lessons from Monopoly, these are the lessons you don’t want to learn.
- Mrs. Micah – Finance and Life: Mrs Micah plays the stock market and invites you along for the ride! Okay, not really, it is a game. But it is totally fun. Click through to read how to join. I play-bought some Berkshire Hathaway :). I think I’ll write a post about the game sometime soon…. (I also bought Target. And Google.)
- Frugal Dollar: Walk Before You Buy. Carrying something around a store for a while will make you consider if you really need it, even if it is a great deal.
- Get Rich Slowly: How to Live Debt-Free. JD will be debt-free by Christmas and asks… what next? Yay JD!
- The Simple Dollar: A Deeper Look at Frugality. More on my neverending quest to be frugal and not cheap, this gives a really nice perspective.
- The Good Life on a Budget: The Worst Financial Mistake I Ever Made. A warmup to tomorrow’s posts by the M-Network kind of! This one has a happy (finally!) ending.
Be sure to come back tomorrow to read the best and worst financial decisions of the M-Network members… including mine! Y’all can vote on the worst from my archives if you want….
If you enjoyed this post, make sure you subscribe to my RSS feed!
Related entries for your reading pleasure: