I had the great honor of again being an editor’s pick in the Carnival of Debt Reduction this week. What can I say, the topic of debt reduction is near and dear to my heart. In fact, the carnival owner, Mighty Bargain Hunter, noticed that I have been an editor’s pick in that carnival an awful lot lately and even commented on it… and then later invited me to host the carnival again in the future. So I’ll be hosting the Carnival of Debt Reduction here probably sometime in February. Thanks MBH!
The carnival was at DebtFREE-Revolution this week and that editor’s pick post was Where Was That Time Machine, Anyway? I’m still looking for it. I’ll let you know if I find it. Thanks Ana for the nod and I am glad you enjoyed my post! I really liked these two posts about “gazelle intensity”, which is a topic I also will be writing about soon because it has been endlessly percolating in my head:
- Mrs. Micah: Gazelle Intensity for the Long Haul How long can you keep up the gazelle part? Those gazelles only run so far from their predators…
- Being Frugal: Is There a Downside to Gazelle Intensity? Why sometimes we have to be a little less intense than a gazelle.
I was also in two other carnivals and a festival I haven’t mentioned yet this week. The first is the Festival of Frugality at Frugal for Life. My post about Frugal Tradeoffs made this highly quotable edition. A post I had to read because of the quote selected from it was:
- The Cheap Diva: Is Clutter Costing You Money? “Smells a lot less like Paris in the spring and lot more like perishables at the dump”
The Carnival of Money Stories was at Money Myths, and my post Reality Sets In was included. I don’t have as good an excuse for having two used carsinstead of just one, but I did like this post anyway:
- Gather Little By Little: Why we drive two used cars instead of one
- The Dough Roller: How I Overcame My Fear of Lending Money on Prosper.com This is something I want to learn a lot more about in the future.
Visit the carnivals and give the hosts some love! They deserve it.