This week I entered 5 carnivals (well, one was a festival) and was happy to be included in all of them. I even was an editor’s pick in two of them, which brings my total for this year to 19. Hurrah! Let’s get to the roundups!
The Carnival of Personal Finance was at Gather Little by Little and was a tour of his home state, North Carolina. My post Sometimes it Is the Amount of Money You Make was included as an editor’s pick. Thanks Gibble! A post that immediately caught my eye were:
- Tales From The Road Less Traveled: Emotional Spending. For me it is always harder to resist emotional spending when it involves my kids.
The Carnival of Debt Reduction was at Credit Addict and my assertion that I’ll Do What I Want With My Economic Stimulus Check was also selected as an editor’s pick. Thanks Nickel! A post I might have a lot of fun with was:
- Blueprint for Financial Prosperity: Write Goals on Credit Cards. I don’t use my credit card but maybe if I wrote “Eradicate Debt” on the front of my debit card it would help me out when I want a Sonic limeade.
- Free Money Finance: Do You Buy Things And Never Use Them? I hate when I find things I bought and never actually used. Use your stuff or get rid of it!
- Destroy Debt: How to NOT Live on a Budget. Gives hacks and ways to budget without calling it budgeting.
And last but not least The Carnival of Money Hackers was at Be Thrifty Like Us and included my post about my wallpaper removal nightmare. Hey, I wonder if I won that drill? This title made me giggle:
- Finance Gets Personal: Oh Hail No! Do I Have The Right Insurance Deductible? I too have a $250 deductible for now. I know I “should” have a $1000 one and save $750 more for “just in case” but until the debt is diminished, that money is too precarious. I was happy it was only $250 when that stupid moving truck hit my parked car. I did get it back but I had to wait 3 months.