Did you remember to set your clock forward? I completely forgot all about it. Luckily for me, my spouse remembered, and he adjusted the clocks last night while I was sleeping. But as I sat down to write this I thought to myself all of a sudden – what time is it? Didn’t the clocks go forward? I am so confused!
My computer adjusted automatically it seems, so all is well. And since I forgot all about it, I didn’t spend the morning cursing the fact that I got an hour less sleep than I was “entitled”. I did wonder why my son let me sleep so late…
While I am pondering how I hate the clock moving forward yet love it moving backwards, I have some links to share of my favorite personal finance posts from last week. And later today I’ll relate my fun shopping experience – I took my three year old with me so you know it had to be fun.
Great Finance Links from this past week:
- Being Frugal: The M-Network Series on Dave Ramsey’s Baby Steps. Lynnae wrote a great wrapup of the series highlighting a quote from each member’s post – check it out and visit all the posts again as well, they’re worth a second read!
- Brip Blap: 31 Causes of Failure #2 – Lack of a Defined Purpose in Life. This article says that 98 out of 100 people lack a defined purpose – count me in the 98. I have had loads of trouble in the past figuring out what my passion was and what makes me tick. Still do. Could probably write a (pretty bad and boring) novel about that…
- My Good Cents: CVS Is Coming For Me. Apparently, CVS is not thrilled by their coupons being spread through the internet. I’m irked at CVS. This is stupid. Don’t make coupons if you don’t want people to use them. I might have to start going to Walgreens.
- Money Rules, Debt Stinks: My Year To Stop Being Wasteful, Month 3. I too am a hoarder. My pantry at times has been TOTALLY out of control. I am doing okay right now but I fear for the future, I could slip back into hoarding too easily…
- Cheap Healthy Good: Finance, Food, and the Role of Personal Responsibility. This is a great discussion (read the comments too!) about how overspending and overeating are both related and driven by similar issues in our lives. Very thought-provoking.
- Sense to Save: Coins Can Be Snowflakes. Hurrah! More snowflakes! Hurrah!
And in my Public Service Announcement for the day, Gift Cards are a loan to the company and therefore can be abandoned by them, legally!! I read about that on two blogs this week, and it freaks me out. I think I might revise my glowing opinion of gift cards now.
- We’re In Debt: Another Reason why Gift Cards are a Bad Idea.
- Get Rich Slowly: Another Reason to be wary of Gift Cards.