I am a fan of the list. I like to make lists, I like to sort lists, I like to track my lists, and I really like to be on lists. This past week I was *almost* on a list. I made honorable mention on a list on Lending Club of the top 30 most popular personal finance blogs. Just being mentioned near the top 30 blogs was an incredible honor for me. So thanks Lending Club and thanks Debt Kid, who wrote the article.
And now for another list, the articles from the m-network and around the personal finance blogosphere that caught my eye this week:
- Gather Little By Little: Old Habits Sure Do Die Hard. I have felt myself at times these past few months slipping into old habits too. Change is hard.
- The Dough Roller: What a Financially Painful Childhood Can Teach You About Money. This is a great story, and really shows insight into what goes on in DR’s head. I have a completely different yet similar story that taught me some different things as well.
- Being Frugal: 5 Classes to Fix My Life Meme. She tagged me with this and I am still pondering what to take…. Home Repair and Auto Repair 101 are on that list though!
- Moolanomy: Home Renovation Nightmare on Elm Street. This is why I am afraid to do any home renovations. Well, that and I’m broke. lol
- Christian PF: How to save time on your PC – Part One. I learned a few tips myself!
- DebtFREE-Revolution: Budget Time Again – Progress and Reality Checks. Taking a good assessment of everything and looingg at reality sometimes is hard, but so useful.
- My Two Dollars: Taking The Train From Los Angeles to Chicago For Christmas. Life is about experiences, and this will be a great on I bet! I once took the train cross-country and it was fabulous.
- Plonkee: The Point of Money. A deep question with an even deeper answer.
- Single Guy Money: Slipping Back Into Old Habits… ALMOST! Single Guy refrains from buying a blackberry. Good for him!
- Mrs Micah – Finance and Life: Social Bookmarking and Icons. For the bloggers among us, Mrs. Micah created code for those little icons to apear on your posts, and it looks cool.
- Sense to Save: How to do the drug stores. She saves a ton every week and basically gets stuff for free at drug stores… I really must try this. If only I had a little more time.
- Cheap Healthy Good: Paging Ming Tsai: Light Chinese Chicken and Broccoli. With no eating out we haven’t had chinese food in ages, this sounds great and easy enough to make for my spouse.
- Get Rich Slowly: A Brief Overview of Estate Planning. I am going to look at this list closely for my next do-it-yourself version.
- A Penny Closer: Saving Money ButLosing Touch. Life is all about balance. What that balance is is different for each of us.
- Advanced Personal Finance: 4 Worst Reasons for not having a will or power of attorney. I admit I am guilty of #4.
I think I’ll stop there so the list won’t rival a festival… like the Festival of Frugality I will be hosting right here on Tuesday! If you haven’t gotten your submission in yet, why are you waiting? Submit today! The PaidTwice Rewind this week is to get you excited about the upcoming festival – the Carnival of Money Stories I hosted a while back as a Once Upon a Time fairy tale.